On August 26, 1906, Joe and Annie Zoevacek sold their frame building to Charles Burgher. A 1907 photograph shows a “Grain and Seeds” business here, which was destroyed by the September 5, 1910 fire. Charles D. Guyer had already rebuilt a new brick structure on the west adjoining lot. He also purchased this lot and rebuilt with brick. It was then occupied by at least seven different grocery stores until the late 1940s. The friendly grocers knew all their customers by their first name and advanced them credit by the month. They treated their customers' children to a few candies in a small, brown, paper bag when they picked up their order. Most grocers would also deliver directly to the home. Early grocery stores were filled with staples such as huge sacks of flour and sugar, a few fresh vegetables and fruits in season. The empty flour and sugar sacks then became material for many a house dress or shirt. Several choices of canned foods, penny candy for the children, mops, brooms, other dry staples and large blocks of salt for livestock filled the shelves. The building has been occupied by the Melody Bar since shortly after WW II. The annex adjoining the north end of the building, facing “E” street, was added in 1921. It has been occupied over the years by Johnny's Barber Shop and the State Liquor Store. In 1959, The U.S. Farmer's Home Administration set up here to provide loans to the homesteaders on the new, 78,000-acre irrigation project, north of town. The annex later became a beauty salon.